Off Balance On Purpose
Maintaining your balance in today's off-balance world is never ending challenge. That's why Dan tells you to give up trying to live your life "on balance," and start living Off Balance On Purpose.
This is the only way you will experience true happiness, accomplish meaningful goals, and lead a life which has lasting significance. The O.B.O.P. philosophy is based on three powerful principles:
1. You will never achieve perfect balance. Your are in a constant state of being off balance, making adjustments in one area of life that affect other areas of your life.
2. Being "Off Balance" is the desired method of operation, as long as you are Off Balance On Purpose.
3. "On Purpose" has two very important meanings: First, your actions must be intentional and deliberate. This means taking responsibility for what you do and making conscious choices about how you will invest your precious resources of time, energy and money. Secondly "On Purpose" means that your decisions and actions are directly linked to your values, beliefs, mission, and goals. Instead of living a life of activity, you need to start building a "pattern of action" that comes from the very core of who you are.
You will understand that your life is not a series of separate pursuits, but a pattern containing five interrelated "spheres." These are:
- Your Work
- Your Relationships
- Your Health
- Your Spiritual Growth
- Your Personal Interests
Each of these aspects affects all the others. Decisions we make in one area affect every other. You will discover the "life lines" that exist to keep your pattern intact. You will learn the the five tools for maintaining a healthy pattern, the skills of engaging, disengaging, connecting, disconnecting and synthesizing the multitude of activities in your life. This interactive session will guide you to see and shape the patterns at work in your life, giving your actions greater purpose and your life enhanced balance.
Perform-ability: How to be your Best when it Matters Most
Throughout your life and career, you've been told to "always be at your best because every moment counts." While this may sound like good advice, it isn't really possible, or all that effective. And the truth is: Some moments count much more than others. For that reason, you must learn to be your best when it matters the most.
Dan will explain why some individuals are excellent in practice yet fail under pressure and why others seem to naturally rise to handle critical moments with ease and excellence. This isn't an innate talent. It is an ability that can be learned and mastered. Dan calls this "Perform-Ability."
The key to being able to "perform," or deliver excellence when it matters the most, is to prepare properly and understand the mindset and methods of top performers. Dan will teach and demonstrates these elements in his signature high-impact style. Audiences will leave the session energized and ready to tackle their challenges with new tools.
- See themselves as performers, capable of delivering excellent results under pressure.
- Understand the three aspects of an effective performance.
- Clarify what they are trying to achieve.
- Develop strategies to succeed.
- Recognize critical moments and rise to the occasion.
- Adopt the mindset and methods of peak performers.
- Commit to ongoing learning and disciplines to aid their efforts.
Connecting Life to the Workplace: An Empowering Approach to Work/Life Balance
Everyone seems to recognize the difficulty of "balancing" the demands of work with the complexities of life. And yet, the present approach to addressing this challenge is entirely inadequate. In pursuit of "balance," we are selling short our best efforts, burdening ourselves with guilt, and exhausting our energy. What we need is a new approach and an ongoing effort to infuse "life" in the workplace.
In this empowering program, Dan provides a new model for viewing work objectives not as separate or competing with life, but as a vital and connected component. He will provide practical, reality-based solutions to help leaders and employees support one another personally, as well as professionally.
- Manage their energy and time more effectively.
- Improve their ability to focus on the task at hand.
- Understand that "Perfect Balance" is an unachievable goal.
- Adopt an Off Balance On Purpose approach as a realistic and empowering alternative.
- Name the Five Spheres of "Complete Success."
- Utilize "Lifelines" to integrate the aspects of life.
- Have supportive and appropriate conversations with their peers about life outside the workplace.
Benefits to the Organization
The results of these efforts are significant. Work/life integration fosters excellence, innovation, and loyalty among employees. For that reason, this keynote becomes the catalyst for an ongoing and transformational conversation and plan of action.